Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Road to Recovery

Oh what a month this has been! Actually, I guess I've lost a few months in the midst of back problems, but I'm excited to report that surgery went well, and I'm on the mend. God's plan for my surgery experience was much different than what we had planned, but I trust Him that there were divine reasons why I went through specific issues the past few weeks. More importantly, I pray that God was glorified each step of the way.

See, surgery was scheduled for March 26th. It sounded good on paper, but Friday the 16th, my back suddenly got much worse. Apparently, the herniated disk got even more herniated, and the nerves were pressed much more intensely. Result? Huge pain, no mobility, and by Sunday morning, we were off to the ER. A long day, lots of meds and an MRI later, I was admitted to the hospital. Surgery would come as soon as the doctor had time. Tuesday morning I went into surgery, and Tuesday night, I got in the car and rode home. Truly amazing what they can do these days.

Funny thing is, my regular doctor (the guy for the 26th) was out of town, so I got the "on call" doc. Know what? God is SO good. Everyone in the hospital, from nurses to staff to patients of his, all exclaimed that I was going to receive treatment from the absolute best surgeon possible. Praise be to God. Not only was I a week earlier, I was in even better hands than the incredible doctor I had already been seeing.

While I endured the two painful days in the hospital, wheelchair, pain meds, total dependence and all, God surrounded me with amazing Christian nurses. They consoled me, prayed with me, and encouraged me every moment. They shared their faith, once they knew I too was a believer. God's sweet provision is still warming my heart. He was with me, and He surrounded me with sisters and brothers in Christ. The love of God was tangible.

The miracle of modern medicine is truly something that we as Christians cannot overlook. God does heal. He can heal. And, often times, He chooses to be glorified and to be clung to in times of hospital stays and medical procedures. To God be the glory, great things He has done!

I am still praying blessings over the families of those who I interacted with at the hospital. May they know the love of Christ, may they openly share that love with others, and may they be blessed as they were such an incredible blessing to me.

So, recovered but sporting a totally flat disk in my lower back I have to tell you....God is SO good, and He is my comfort...especially between L4 and L5.

Much love in Christ,

JD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home