Friday, March 02, 2007

Back in Action!

Hey everyone!

The new year has given me a variety of ups and downs, and given me ample time to speak with the Lord in praise and petition. While the writing journey continues, and the speaking and teaching encourage others, I've been pressing on through significant back pain.

After a couple months trying to ignore, work through, and finally succumb to the pain, I went to the doctor. Funny thing about those doctor visits -- they tend to lead to more visits! A month of physical therapy, an MRI and a couple of insurance referral delays later, and it looks as though I'm off to the operating room.

Having had the same surgery on the same disk in 2003, fear of the "unknown" doesn't apply. I'm simply ready to have it over with, and anxious to get back to my normal pace of life. Even still, this break has been a blessing. My golden retriever is oh so happy to have me sharing a palette with her on the floor. The TV is happy to have company during the daytime hours. And most importantly, I'm loving the extra time I have to simply sit at the feet of Jesus, uninterrupted, to read the Word and pray.

I covet your prayers over the next month as I get the details from the doctor, and go forward with the surgery. I'll check in when I'm on the other side of this thing, and I'm sure there will be praises to God for every step of the way.

Much love in Christ,

JD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home