Friday, February 17, 2006

Old Files

So the other day I was opening my computer's publishing program to work on a project when I spotted something so timely, so God driven, I had to take a second look. In and amongst the old files shown in the project listing was a simple poster I had made a few years ago for a VBS (vacation Bible school) discussion.

The page was something I had used to simply put about three sayings on, that were then printed and cut into strips, and taped on a board for a time of discussion with the kids. Those three sayings had been saved as a document and been sitting there for a few years...waiting on this God appointment in my life. What I had used to minister to others in the past was a timely ministering tool that God used in my own life.

The poster simply states the following:

TRUST IN GOD

THINGS AREN'T ALWAYS AS THEY SEEM

GOD WILL PROVIDE!

That's it. Nothing else. But what more could we need? In a season in my life where there seems to be so very much going on, and so much that is a true walk of faith for me, here are the words I so desperately needed to hear...and I didn't even realize how much those words were needed until I saw them in the archived file...

So, the question for me, and for you, is simple. Do we trust in God? Even when things aren't as they seem? Do we know that God will provide? Seek Him with a child like faith! Just like the discussion I had engaged children in a few years ago, our thoughts today should go to the foot of the cross - where Jesus will be able to lead us to our Father in heaven, our Sustainer and Creator. God will hear from heaven, and He will answer when we call.

Trust. Discern. Await God's provision.

Much love in Christ,

JD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home